Friday 10 August 2007

Sane, Sensible and Normal!

What- the Goldston family!
You have got to be kidding!

Well we did try!

A couple of weeks ago we went on holiday to the beautiful South West of England. This was business and pleasure, as we were looking for a property on Dartmoor to be a self development/healing/retreat centre.

Dartmoor consists of very ancient outcrops of granite rock, which is known for its amazing healing properties.



We went along the coast into Cornwall, which has some spectacular scenery and some beautiful beaches, although they are more rocky than sandy.



I truly love this part of the world and I am so excited about moving down there. I grew up on the North Devon coast, which is very similar to this south Cornwall Coast.

Now, when most people (sane, sensible and normal) go in search of a beach, they will look for something where they can drive down to it and park almost on the beach.

Not the Goldston family!

We parked on the road at the top of the cliff and walked down to it!
Here's the narrow, windy, slippery path we navigated to do that.



And of course, Stephanie and I were wearing the most unsuitable shoes you could imagine. Stephanie was wearing her party shoes and I was wearing my business shoes!

We did venture in the sea and for July, it was distinctly cold!!!




Stephanie did not seem to mind and I have to wonder if that child is part Mermaid!

Back a bit!

Sometimes I really wonder why I married a photographer!

Yes, he watched the big waves come in and kept telling me to go "back a bit!" until he got the shot he was waiting for. The wave came in and hit me, just when I was not expecting it!



Dartmoor is very well known for its ponies, amongst other things.

They were quite a curious bunch, especially one particular foal, that thought Greg's camera would make a very tasty snack!







Can you imagine trying to explain that to an insurance company?
"What happened to your camera?"
"A foal ate it!"


We had a brilliant time.
I will keep you posted on the self-development centre.
With abundant blessings
Amanda Goldston
Abundance Coach

No comments: