Tuesday 17 July 2007

Journey to the top of Glastonbury Tor

Hi

Last weekend I was invited to go with some friends to Glastonbury in South West England. Glastonbury is very old and is considered by many to be a "spiritual mecca".

It certainly has more than its fair share of new age bookshops, crystal shops and shops selling all sorts of things for the Mind, Body and Spirit. I was in heaven!

It seems there was some powerful new earth energy coming in on that day, so we decided to trek up to the top of the famous Glastonbury Tor to welcome it in.

Many of you will have seen my husband Greg's stunning picture of Glastonbury Tor on his Inspiring Moods screensaver.



You may be mistaken- like I was- in thinking it is not very far to the top. In Greg's picture it doesn't look very far.

Well, how wrong could I have been!!

I felt like I was climbing Mount Everest!



Yes, that was the Tor from the bottom!

It was well worth the walk and the view was spectacular.

Below is a picture of the actual Tor itself. They reckon it was once part of the Glastonbury abbey and there were monks living it at one point.




At the appointed time, when the new energy was coming in, all we saw was some very dark clouds in the distance and it looked like it was going to pour with rain. The rain held off until we got to the bottom of the hill.

The inside of the Tor is much smaller than I expected and I was amazed by what I could see through the small window. How anyone lived in there, I have no idea.



I thoroughly enjoyed the day.
It was really lovely.

It reminds me of a couple of years ago when I climbed to the top of Mount Vesuvius in Italy with Greg and Jacqueline. I wrote an article about that journey, which you can see here.


Speak soon
With abundant blessings
Amanda Goldston
Abundance Coach

No comments: